GeoRacing dedicated to great sailing events
Since 2010, GeoRacing has been used successfully on greats sailing events, all over Europe. The Austria Cup (RC44) with Russel Couts and Larry Elison, SOF (Semaine Olympique Française in Hyères), The Delta Llyod Regatta (Semaine Olympique des Pays-bas in Medemblik), Le Tour de France à la Voile, La route des Princes (In Valencia, Lisbon, Dublin, Plymouth), The Star Sailors League, have used the GeoRacing solution, including live TV.
Sailing events are complex:
- The Nautical Events operate far offshore, making the follow difficult for spectators,
- The Partners request more visibility for a better « return of investments »,
- The Sailing Clubs must gather lot of volunteers, who are more and more difficult to mobilise,
- The Runners, Organisers, Spectators, Journalists, want interim or final rankings in real time.
- To Follow Live Outdoor Races,
- To Help organisers to manage reliably its event: tally sheet, ranking, security and organisation,
- To Have rankings in real time, with the differences in time between each competitor, at each mark,
- To Animate a public with the races tracking on TV or large screen,
- To Allow to persons not present on location, to follow race on Internet or mobile: partners, general public, journalists…
- To Answer to competitor requests interested by a tracking system, for their own partners.
After the races, it’s a tool for:
- Debrief at disposition of juries, coaches and runners,
- Diffusion of PDF sheet race with summary table of ranking evolution, at each marks, for each competitor, and details of time at each mark (gain or loss in ranking),
- Essential information for juries who can review situations, use the tracking like a neutral indicator and to form an idea more exact,
- Animation of the awards ceremony with a debriefing, in presence of skippers, animators, journalists… or simply during an evening between competitors.
Sailing Showreel 2014: Route des Princes and Tour de France Sailing
Sailing situations illustrated in 2D
2D Player with Ranking
2D Player without Ranking
Sailing situations illustrated in 3D
Comparative competitors Distance / Speed / Heading
Top view with C.M.G distance.
Arrival with Ranking and Time